What Happened to Being a Lady?

When did we as women start degrading ourselves? We fought to have equal rights for so long, and now that we do so many are acting a fool. I look through my Facebook and Instagram timelines and I see too many half naked pictures. What happened to leaving something to the imagination? You can be sexy without having your whole body out! I was taught to respect my body, to cherish it, and never let it be taken for granted. My body is a treasure and it's beautiful, but it's not meant for the whole world to view. Woman are amazing creations! We have strength beyond measure, we bring beautiful people into this world, and we sustain regardless of what we face. We fight everyday to raise our families right, give love, and teach our children how to live right. However, when we degrade ourselves, what are we saying to the world? It makes us look weak. It makes me feel embarrassed because I know that being a woman, being a lady, embodies so much more than being sexy or catching a man. Yes some of you may be thinking that I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm married. Let me tell you that when I met my husband I was dressed in a military uniform and all he could see was my face, my heart, my soul, MY TRUTH! Dressing and acting unladylike is only going to attract a certain type of person. You want to find a husband, you first have to change yourself. Be a lady, find your strength, exude confidence, know that beauty runs deeper than your skin, that sexy is more than your naked body, treasure yourself. Please take some time to remind yourself of the fight to get where we are today. How are you honoring the strength of women? The pioneers that paved the way for the modern woman would be turning in the grave if they saw how so many of is carry on. Find those precious things that define your strength and let them shine! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......