I'm Fine

Please don't ask me how I'm doing
I'll simply say I'm fine
You see, life doesn't stop when tragedy hits
I'm living, I'm laughing, I'm crying
The pain strikes me from time to time
But I have a life to live
I've got to claim what's mine
The thoughts plague me late at night
The grief hits me, unexpectedly
In the most random moments
So strong it knocks me off my feet
And again I stand
Lift myself high
There are five girls
Who need me by their sides
I'd love to lay here and cry
What good would that do
I release a heavy sigh
And get up and do what I have to
They say time heals all wounds
And for once, I wish time would fly
Through it all, only I can heal
Me, myself, And I
I want to held oh so bad
But that's simply not a luxury I have
So I lay across this big king bed
Squeeze my pillow and lie down my head
Each day is different
Each moment new
Capitalize on the small things
Savour each memory
Find a reason to smile
You'll feel better after awhile
I'll say I'm fine, each and every time
Life must continue
Through pain, sadness and grief
Keep pushing forward and soon
You'll see the other side of that leaf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......