Rise

From the ashes I rise
Like a phoenix full of strength
Like a woman, phenomenally
You kicked me down and held me there
But now I am free and I can see
See clearly just who I am
With each passing moment
I feel my passion return
My soul has fire in it and just started to burn
You see, you dimmed my light for what you thought was eternally
But deep inside I knew that wasn't me
God did not create me to be meek
He forged me out of fire and gave me a voice to speak
To speak loud, to speak clear
To use my words for good and to care
To care about those less fortunate and
Those not as strong as I
He made me a saving grace so
Other women and men can rise
Rise from the pain
Rise from the suffering
Rise from the demons that reside inside
So I ask you now to join my hand
Rise with me for together we stand
We stand tall, strong, and fierce
For when we stand together
No evil sword shall pierce
We stand in full strength
The body armor of love support and God keeps us held high
Like a phoenix from the ashes
Together we rise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......