Cheers to Lonely


There is beauty in emptiness. It is often where we find our greatest strengths, although easier
said than done. You are a cactus in the vast empty desert- able to withstand what would break
anyone else.


The loneliness is creeping in
I lie in bed staring at the wall
Craving someone next to me
Someone to hold me
In that moment I feel broken
Tears begin to flow
I tell myself, just take it slow
This is the hard part of healing
You must do it alone
Reality seeps in
Rushing like a broken dam
There’s no stopping it
Only thing to do is face it,
Ride the wave strong
All I want is a hug
So I squeeze my pillow tight
Until I drift off into the night
Hours later, I wake again
To an empty bed, empty phone
What feels like an endless storm
This too shall pass, I know
But in the moment I can’t help but
Cry, curl up, and fold
Fold to the pain
Fold to the thoughts
Fold to the tears streaming down my face
I knew I’d have rough days
But I couldn’t predict this
I know I made the right choice
And I’d never doubt that now
I’ll wait patiently as this passes
See, I know that through pain we grow
Like a fragile flower in the snow
Strength and courage, a ray of hope
Get me through these quiet times
I cry in insolation, because it’s where I’m safe
In my own arms, in my own place
I brace the world with a smile each day
Because I know I have to save face
So instead, I put my thoughts on paper
And the pain is released, minus the haters
So cheers to the lonely nights
To hugging my pillow tight
To the tears that come and go
To the brave face I gotta show
To my daughters who just don’t know
To my friends who love me so
To my heart that is regenerating
To those who my story helps,
Remember that this too shall pass
And in the end your joy will surpass!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......