Untitled

I haven't slept as much as I need
My eyes are tired
My soul is weary
Some days I feel that my strength
Is failing me
But then I move on
Take another step
Cook another meal
Diffuse another fight
And tuck them in another night
I choose to fight
My head hits the pillow
My heart and soul are heavy
Yet sleep still escapes me
So I pop up and wander about
Too often I find myself at the fridge
Maybe a snack will help me drift
I lie back down, close my eyes
Sleep still escapes me
No matter how hard I try
The wind is whipping fiercely outside
The sound is eery
It makes me uncomfortable inside
Each day brings a new challenge
A seemingly sudden surprise
I shuffle the cards once again
And rework the deck I was given
I have no choice but to keep going
I refuse to be beaten by you again
Just a few more months
And maybe I can rest
Once it's final and our marriage
Is a thing of the past
Through all the stress
I don't regret a thing
I learned several lessons
While I wore your ring
I learned the depth of my strength
The value of my love
The worth of myself
The meaning of trust
Now I can use those lessons
As I push through
To something so much better
Better than you.

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful. You're such a strong and intelligent woman and you sharing your thoughts is extremely beautiful, I love you and oh so very proud of you😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......