Alone

I think I've figured it out now
Why these last few weeks have been so hard
No one taught me how to be alone
There were always about seven people in my home
They taught me strength
They gave me thick skin
Made me a survivor
And the will to win
But what I'm lacking is the ability
To be completely alone
When the kids go to bed and the house is quiet
I simply hide behind my phone
It's a fantastic distraction
From the silence in my home
In the silence I cry
I fear and I worry
My mind becomes overwhelmed
And I go into an emotional flurry
No one taught me how to be alone
Alone with my thoughts
Alone with my flaws
Alone with my accomplishments
Alone with my all
So I sit here as I learn
How to cope
How to be all alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......