Bruised

Today I was reminded of the cruelty I endured
For so many years I was so blind
It happened right before my eyes
You hurt me over and over again
And had the nerve to say it was justified
The stains on the wall were caused by oil splattering as it falls
Oil that you hurled at me as I tried to leave
What kind of man throws used grease
At the woman he calls his queen?
I'm sorry did I call you a man?
You should be offended as you could never be that grand
A man who loves a woman wouldn't do her
Like you did me
You cheated double digit times
Because you THOUGHT I did
All the time I forgave you in the name of love and family
And each time I broke a little more inside
I couldn't love you the way you did me
My soul was too good for that
I couldn't cause you physical pain,
At least not intentionally
There were times I fought back
But there were more where I curled into a ball
You never made it obvious which was the worst part of it all
There weren't any bruises that the world could see
You bruised the innermost part of me
I stood tall in uniform and pushed through it all
No one knew, I had no one to call
When I found the strength to leave
You'd find the strength to stop me
I've been tackled, choked, and held against a wall
How do you leave when he makes you fall?
I got smarter, or so I thought
I played your game but still you fought.
So I had to step it up a notch
I did my best to smile and make you happy
But I soon realized it would never happen
When it hit me that you saw me as a fool
I made the decision to play my part
You see I had to fool the fool who thought they were fooling me
Stupid? Ha! Not me
You had it made with this queen
I raised 4 kids that weren't mine
Saved your ass several times
Bailed you out, paid all the fines
Got  your L back, thanks to my grind
Paid that child support like it was mine
And still you couldn't be a man
Sure you handled the lawn
But the reality is, I held us down
For years you didn't work
Who the fuck you think paid the courts?
Everytime you fucked up
You buy me something pretty, too bad you used my damn money
I don't care about the diamonds, glitz, and glam
When my pops died someone had to tell you to hold my hand
When I had surgery you left me there alone
Trying to care for a newborn while you laid at home
Where were you emotionally? Who was taking care of me?
How did I love you?
Only God knows…..
Now it's time to move on, but I feel bad for the next one
Love won't come easy again
Whoever God send me
Will have to be a much better man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......