Free

For years I hid the pain
In the depths of my soul
I  knew you were toxic
But my heart was fooled
Fooled by your charm
Fooled by your good deeds
Fooled by the shiny new things
All the while you were manipulating me
Narcissist doesnt begin to describe you
Like the light switch, you flipped
From good to evil
Never in the public eye did you act a fool
But behind closed doors you were so cruel
I was your trophy or so you told
More like your punching bag and lump of coal
The things you said and did
Were unforgibvable to most
But i forgave you each time
And tried to help you heal
All the while my pain only grew
I pushed it away until I couldnt
My body started to hurt
My hair started to fall
My face bears the scars of the stress
So finally, i stood up and screamed no more
I simply couldnt do it anymore
Your cowardly straw finally broke my back
In these past weeks, I have found my soul
My heart is mending, yet I feel whole
I no longer walk on eggshells
Or live in complete fear
Of saying or doing something wrong
I can finally be ME,
I can finally be FREE
How refreshing it is to know
That your toxicity didnt kill my soul
I have so much to give
To myself and my girls
So much thats been held back
Because of what you lacked
I no longer live in your shadow
But i create my own light
They say I'm glowing
And that I walk upright
I told them I'm finally happy
Happy and free!
My decisins are my own, and my opions are valued
Each day I realize something you took from me
Something you did to hurt me
Its a damn shame that your own children
Don't even say your name
They are flourishing in this new life
No longer in fear of someone they loved
I have no regrets, for I learned so much
I'm truly enjoying rediscovering Sarah
I only wish I could have made thsi decision sooner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......