Healing Honestly

Weight loss, then weight gain
Lonely nights, I toss and turn
This unrelenting hidden pain
Inability to control my tears
Mood shift from bright to blight
Struggles to get out of bed
Every day seems a constant fight
Did you know this is what healing looks like?
They say I have a new glow
Behind the dark circles and weary eyes
I’m glad that the glow still shows
Shining through as a reminder
That on I’m on the right path
Through it all I smile, I laugh
I can see a light at the end
I know it’s just around this next bend
The bends keep coming
And I keep searching
I keep moving forward
And keep getting hit
So much loss has been suffered
Oh, but so much has also been gained
Through the pain and dark, lonely nights
I have found some clarity in my thoughts
Survival mode has been disengaged
I’m learning to let go and to feel each pain
I’m learning to live with hope
Cutting energetic cords
I yearn for something more
Finally after all those years
I feel like I can release the pain
At times, I’m overwhelmed
I even question if my thoughts are sane
One look in the mirror and I realize
How much joy and love
Are held in my eyes
I may be bent, but I’m not broken
For the first time in years
The path to my soul is open
I’ve bared it all to those I trust
Vulnerability is a tricky thing
Makes you feel feeble
But reveals your strength
I’m rebuilding my heart
Please, just be patient


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......