Slow and Steady

You say you operate logically
Emotion is dead to you
My first thought was
Damn I want to be like you
But as time passes I realize neither is true
You hide behind a mask
Afraid to show that side of you
The truth is hidden in the details you reveal
Quite possibly subconsciously
I see through it all
I'm determined to break you out
I want to be the one to climb your wall
I've already lived that truth
Unable to be vulnerable
But I broke that barrier
When I met you
I'm patient and I'll put in the work
Just don't have me waiting for nothing
I wasn't interested in meeting anyone new
Until I started talking to you
I still have some fears
It just seems worth it now
The only problem I have is the lack of seeing you
I knew from the start what I was getting
I just never expected to care the way I do
It's hard to connect on the phone
I listen more than I speak
I want to know every part of you
You've never been treated like royalty
Let this lady show you
What it's like to be a king
You just have to let me set your heart free
Slowly but surely, I hope to be
That faceless woman in your dream
Slow and steady wins the race
I’m getting used to this new pace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......