Skeptical

Standing at the window
Watching the rain
Brings a sense of peace
Yet my mind is wondering
Is there a man for me?
Independent as can be
Strong as a rock
But I still want a man to love me
To hold me and to listen
To laugh and relax
See I met this dude
Cool as can be
I'm feeling him and I think  he's feeling me
Our vibe is chill
Just need to be sure he's real
I can tell he's guarded
Which is what people expect from me
The truth is I detached so long ago
My heart isn't hurt now, just my ego
I'm looking for someone who shakes my soul
All the right moves, but that last nigga left me skeptical
Swept me off my feet
And left me in the cold
My loyalty is true
Trust me when I say I got you
So don't be fooled by my tough exterior
Deep down in there is a heart waiting to be secured
I learned as a child I couldn't depend on another
So I handle mine without a wink
I move swiftly, had enough time to think 
I work for what I want
And won't miss a beat
Just promise you'll try to keep up with me
I rock my crown with pride
Because I know what lies inside
You see, A queen holds her King high
So together they can rise
But it takes two, a king has a part to do
Guard her heart and love her soul
And maybe together you they can grow old
At this point I don't know what my future holds
I'm enjoying each day as the story unfolds
All of this flowing through me like the rain
With each drip I hear, I release my pain







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Subconcious Greed

Scattered Thoughts

Reuniting and It Feels So......